Ranger Training Weekend
(Updated 4 October 2021)
Registration is CLOSED. All slots are full. We have removed the links to all online forms.
(updated 18 September 2021)
We will be returning to Raven Knob Boy Scout Camp in Mt Airy North Carolina after a two-year absence. The dates for this fall's event will be 5-7 November 2021. Due to NCWG being in Phase II, we requested and were granted a waiver to proceed with the event if NCWG remains in Phase II or Phase III. Therefore, the registration will be done in several parts similar to the summer encampment.
- Completion of all the required CAP forms for overnight events, signed both by the parents and squadron commander for cadets and the squadron commander for seniors. The following forms are required to be completed and signed. Please be aware that GES qualification is a minimum to participate. GTM 3 Trainee status or above is preferred.
- CAPF 60-81 Application for CAP Encampment or Special Activity Required by Cadets and Seniors
- CAPFF-160 CAP Member Health History Form Required by Cadets and Seniors
- CAPF-161Emergency Information Form Required by Cadets and Seniors
- CAPF-163 Permission for Provision of Minor Cadet Over-The-Counter Medication Required by Cadets Only
Please email all completed forms to RangerSchool@ncwgcap.org
- Once we have received the applicants' registration and completed forms, we will send out the payment link to the participant. The registration fee for this year's event will be $65.00
Please note that due to Covid restrictions maximum participation is being limited to no more than 150 total for senior staff, cadet cadre and students. This will be a first come first serve so please register online and complete your required CAP registration forms and send them to the Ranger School email. Registering and failing to complete the required CAP documents does not guarantee you a spot. No one will be allowed to show up the date of the event and participate if they have not completed all steps of the registration. There will be no leeway with this requirement. Members previously selected for staff positions are also required to register and follow the same procedures as prospective students.
Phone: (336) 352-4307. Fax: (336) 352-3445. ADDRESS: 266 Raven Knob Road Mount Airy, North Carolina 27030
(updated 14 September 2021)
The North Carolina Wing Ranger Training School has received a Phase II Waiver and will hold the Fall Ranger Training Weekend 5-7 Nov 2021 at Camp Raven Knob located near Mt Airy, NC unless conditions deteriorate significantly.
In addition to learning real world Search & Rescue skills and Wilderness Survival techniques, we endeavor to conduct the premier field leadership laboratory for cadets and seniors in the Southeast.
The registration link will be sent out to the NCWG email list by Lt Col Brendan Kearns 18 Sep (this Saturday). Maj Hooper will immediately forward the link to the out of state recipients of an e-mail sent today (14 September 2021) and invite them to share with their members. Your wing must be in Phase II or III by 1 Nov in order to participate. Due to the Phase II waiver, participation is capped at 150 on a first come first served basis.
The first 150 registrants will receive an email from RangerSchool@ncwgcap.org stating that your registration has been tentatively accepted. All other applicants will receive an email stating that they have been wait-listed. Once tentatively accepted applicants submit all required forms (list will be provided with the registration link) they will receive an approval email from RangerSchool@ncwgcap.org.
Work on completing the following tasks now:
CAPT 116 General ES (REQUIRED - sign up in AXIS portal on eServices)
CAPT 117 ES Continuing Education Part 1
These tasks are also needed to complete your training as a basic ground team member:
FEMA IS-100 https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-100.c (upload certificate to
eServices when complete)
FEMA IS-700 https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-700.b (upload certificate to
eServices when complete)
Basic First Aid
ICUT Introductory Communications User Training (sign up in AXIS portal on eServices)