Ranger Training Weekend
(updated 2 September 2022)
Registration for the 2022 Fall Ranger training Weekend is now open!
Location: Raven Knob Boy Scout Camp in Mt Airy North Carolina.
Dates: 04-06 November 2022
Please read carefully and complete the requested steps below and ensure that you complete all the required documentation and also have properly signed in order to reserve your slot. We will again have a Wilderness First Aid Course but it is limited to 24 students.
Steps to Complete Registration:
- Completion of the Ranger Training Weekend Online Registration form. Both students and staff are required to register with this form :
This form is the official registration form for the 2022 NCWG Fall Ranger Training Weekend to be held at Raven Knob Boy Scout Camp in Mt Airy NC 07 Oct - 09 Oct 2022. This document can be used to register for both student and staff slots by both Seniors and Cadets. Registration will be open until 28 October 2022. All required documents need to be submitted to the Ranger School email NLT 28 October or you will be immediately placed on the wait list. Slots are limited to 175. Please remember completion of GES is mandatory in order to attend this event so complete the training in e-services prior to registering. Please email all completed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completion of all the required CAP forms for overnight events Please make sure all documents are complete and signed where applicable by parents and squadron commander for cadets and the squadron commander for seniors. The following forms are required to be completed and signed. Please be aware that GES qualification is a minimum to participate in RTW .
- CAPF 60-81 Application for CAP Encampment or Special Activity Required by Cadets and Seniors
- CAPFF-160 CAP Member Health History Form Required by Cadets and Seniors
- CAPF-161 Emergency Information Form Required by Cadets and Seniors
- CAPF-163 Permission for Provision of Minor Cadet Over-The-Counter Medication Required by Cadets Only
Please email all completed and signed forms to RangerSchool@ncwgcap.org. Do not send incomplete documents.
- Once you have completed online registration form and we have received all fully completed and signed forms, the payment link will be sent to the participant to pay the registration fee. The registration fee for this year's event will be $65.00 for the basic event and $120 for the Wilderness First Aid Course.
Registration will close on October 28th and all documentation must be received by October 31st. Registering and failing to complete the required CAP documents does not guarantee you a spot. No one will be allowed to show up the date of the event and participate if they have not completed all steps of the registration. There will be no leeway with this requirement.
Phone: (336) 352-4307. Fax: (336) 352-3445. ADDRESS: 266 Raven Knob Road Mount Airy, North Carolina 27030
Questions? email the Ranger School email: RangerSchool@ncwgcap.org