ARTICLE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR NCWG WEBSITE
Article Submission Guidelines for NCWG Website: (Revised March 2020)
* E-mail article and photo attachments to Wing PAO!
* Send story in body of the e-mail - rather than as an attachment.
* Please do not use any formatting, page centering, etc. Do not submit on CAP letterhead.
* Do not include any photos in the body of the text. Attach photos to email!
* Subject line should include: Unit name and brief description [e.g., "Lizzard Lick Comp Sq (MER-NCXXX): Senior member honored for AE contribution"]
* Always include Author’s contact info: name, rank, unit/wing, phone, e-mail, etc.
* You may compose your article in MS Word. Use Spell Check. Heed messages that say, “Passive voice, consider revising.” Copy and paste this text into your e-mail to the Wing PAO!
* Do NOT send articles and photos in separate E-mails. Piecemeal submissions will be returned.
* Refer often to the AP Stylebook, especially when listing member’s ranks: Use Lt Col and not LtCol.
* Obtain your squadron Commander’s approval of the article BEFORE submission! Copy your Unit Commander on the email submitting the article to Wing.
* Please contact the Wing PAOs if you have any questions.
Submitting Digital Images/Photos:
* Submit as jpg attachments to the e-mail (no tiffs, bmps, gifs, etc.), rather than in body of story.
* Submit three or four good photo’s – please note that the new website permits posting of one photo only with article.
* Minimum scan resolution: 250-300 dpi and minimum pixel resolution: 1280 x 960
* Cellphone photos of at least 2.5 Mb may be used
* Please send photos as email attachments, NOT links to photo-hosting Web sites.
* Photos must be in color (unless the original is B/W). Do not add any special effects.
* Provide detailed cutline info (captions): including description of action, complete identities, photo credits. Large groups need not be individually identified. Members in photo must be correctly uniformed.
* Try to submit at least one photo with every submission, even if it's just a head-&-shoulders shot of the senior member or cadet featured in the article or a squadron patch.