(updated 28 March 2022)
Student Registration for the NCO Advanced Training Flights at the 2022 NCWG Summer Encampment is now open! The encampment planning team is incorporating an advanced cadet NCO training program for a maximum of 24 students in two flights that will focus on developing proficiency in the cadet NCO program within the wing. The training will be supervised by the senior NCOs of the wing, all of whom have prior extensive military experience. This training event will run concurrently with the basic encampment between 26 June - July 1 2022 at Camp Butner NC. The goal is to restore the cadet NCO capability in the wing and develop the staff that will be required for future encampments and for the students to bring the knowledge learned back to their home squadrons to further develop cadet NCOs at the local level. Please read the registration instructions carefully and follow the instructions completely. The minimum requirements to qualify as a student for this program will be:
- Previous attendance at an encampment
- Attained the rank of C/MSgt NLT 15 June 2022
- Cadets who have attained an officer rank before 15 June 2022 are not eligible for this advanced training
To register, please complete the following steps:
- Register Online for the Encampment Please register using the following link to the registration form. Please complete all questions.
This form is the official registration form for the two advanced NCO flights at the 2022 NCWG Summer Encampment to be held at Camp Butner Training Facility in Butner NC 26 June - 01 July 2022. Registration will be open until the available slots (24) are filled. Minimum requirement for attendance at the advanced course will be Cadet NCOS that have attained the rank of C/MSgt NLT 15 June 2022. Previous Attendance at an encampment.Cadets who have attained officer rank or plan to before encampment are not eligible for this advanced training. All required documents need to be submitted to the NCWG Encampment email NLT 30 April or you will be immediately placed on the wait list. Please email all completed documents to the encampment email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for CEAP - Cadet Encampment Assistance Program. The link to the Cadet Encampment Assistance Program can be found on the following page of the National Civil Air Patrol website:
Thanks to Air Force support, CAP has special funding available to cover encampment fees and uniforms with an emphasis on serving economically disadvantaged cadets through the Cadet Encampment Assistance Program or CEAP (say, "seep").
- Complete the required CAP Encampment documents and email to the encampment email. Please make sure that you have fully completed all forms including signatures of the student, student parents and squadron commander on the CAPF 60-81. Parent signatures are required on the other forms as well. Only when all the required, fully completed documents have been received and validated will your attendance at encampment be confirmed. The payment link will then be sent you so you can pay the registration fee. The student fee for encampment will be $200.
- Required CAPF forms for All Students:
- CAPF 60-81 Application for CAP Encampment or Special Activity - must be signed by student, parent and squadron commander
- CAPFF-160 CAP Member Health History Form - must be signed by the cadet parent
- CAPF-161 Emergency Information Form
- CAPF-163 Permission for Provision of Minor Cadet Over-The-Counter Medication - must be signed by the cadet parent
Please email all completed documents to the encampment email: email@example.com
Advanced NCO Training Flight student registration will close on April 30th or when we reach the maximum capacity of 24 students. Please note that there will be a wait list once the maximum allowed slots are filled in the event that there are cancellations.
Please forward any questions or inquiries to the NCWG Encampment email.